With all the opportunities and places to invest in your community, why should an investor select your district or organization for their project? Part of promoting your district or community is being prepared to “sell it” to a variety of targets, one of them being real estate and business investors. With some comprehensive planning and a little creativity, there are several things you can have on hand to be prepared when investors make inquiries:
- Elevator pitch. A few sentences that describe the district, its assets and potential that you can share in about 30 seconds.
- Business recruitment brochure or rack card. Collect information about target markets, current business mix, economic data, etc. and have them in one document.
- New business packet. A folder with information on the district or community, your organization and things that will be helpful to newcomers to the district.
- Available property listing. Print or online.
- Top five reasons. Have a list of five reasons why someone should invest in your community.
This is definitely one of those projects that will involve input from your partners, so collaborate with your board and stakeholders to be ready when investors look at your community!